Why should I search?
- Provides you peace of mind and help ensure the safety of you and your loved ones.
- Locate old acquaintances, classmates, relatives, and more.
- Satisfy your curiosity and/or concerns.
- Check your own background report for accuracy or information you may need.
- To provide yourself reasonable reassurance previous information provided to you in some other form is accurate and correct.
Which people and what types of information should I search for?
- Information about a potential business partner or someone with whom you are considering conducting a material transaction.
- Intermingling with your child’s friends and their families. Some examples: carpool, after-school activities, to determine whether to allow them to have a sleepover, spend time in their home, go on vacation, spend extended time with them, etc.
- Your child’s new boyfriend or girlfriend, and their family members.
- Obtain information about your neighbors or potential future neighbors (when considering a move).
- New relationships, friends, and acquaintances - personal or professional.
- Reunite with old friends, former classmates, military buddies, and family members, or to expand your ancestral family tree.
- Social media contacts, online vendors, someone you met online, or through a dating app.
- Unknown phone numbers/reverse phone number lookup, addresses, email addresses.
- Criminal History – federal, state, and local.
- Sexual Predator Registry Information.
- Other public records such as tax or real estate information.
How accurate is the information provided?
While we strive to be as accurate and complete as possible, our 3rd party data providers retrieve information from public sources and may have information which is not 100% accurate on your subject.
How far back does the information go?
The range of time varies by data source but can go back more than 20 years in some instances.
Can I use the information to make a hiring decision?
No, by checking the “I agree to the Terms” prior to your purchase and prior to viewing the report, you agree to not use any of the information provided by Data Diggers, LLC to determine someone’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment, housing, or purposes covered under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15. U.S.C.A. 1681, et.
In addition to hiring/employment decisions the results Data Diggers provides cannot be used to:
- Screen Employees
- Screen Tenants
- Screen for credit worthiness
- Screen for credit history
- Determining loan or insurance eligibility
- Background check Domestic Help/Applicants including, but not limited to:
- House Keepers
How long will I have access to my report?
Once you complete your purchase you will have immediate access to the report you have chosen. We highly recommend you both save and print the document for your records utilizing the print icon on the top right-hand side of your screen, as Data Digger does not keep a copy of any results or reports. To clarify, once you exit or navigate away from the site, your report is no longer accessible, and we have no way to retrieve it on our end.
How can I access my report?
Once you complete your purchase you will have immediate access to the report you have chosen. We highly recommend you both save and print the document for your records utilizing the print icon on the top right hand side of your screen, as Data Digger does not keep a copy of any results or reports. To clarify, once you exit or navigate away from the site, your report is no longer accessible and we have no way to retrieve it on our end.
Am I still charged if the person I search does not have a criminal record or does not give me the specific information I need?
Yes, once you select the subject on which the search will be run, Data Diggers scours thousands of resources to locate information available on the subject. In most cases the subject will not have a criminal record, or in some cases the criminal record is not available to Data Diggers. Because of the thoroughness of our search and the millions of records contained in our partner databases, if a record exists, it is usually contained in the report.
What does a report cost?
Data Diggers offers a variety of packages and products to best fit your needs and/or requirements. Best of all, we do not require you to sign up for a subscription to purchase your report.
How can I request a refund?
You can reach out to our Customer Support Department to submit your refund request. Please see the Contact
section of our web site. We will review the circumstances surrounding the request and reply within 72 business hours of your request.
What if I see information on a report which I know to be incorrect?
We pull our information from thousands of public resources, and the information we provide reflects what is contained in each source database, consolidated in one easy-to-read report. You will need to contact the source directly to dispute information contained in their database. The source will typically be the county, state or federal court where the record is located. The source is usually listed in the criminal record section of the report.